Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Trying to test a speedqueen washer on spin cycle

Customer Question

trying to test a speedqueen washer on spin cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the model number and is this a front loader or top loader?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swt821wn top load speedqueen .need to put in spin cycle to test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No answer yet?
I have no diagnostic sheet for that one let me see if any other experts do
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Is your washer a commercial appliance? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This washer doesn't not have a coin mechanism .there's a electronic control board
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thank you. If the motor is not running, the lid switch needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $26.70. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. You can view an instruction video by typing the part number is ***** search box, click on Repair Help, next to the search box, and following the prompts to the correct video.Using the expert's rating stars, located at the top of your screen, please select the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my effort to assist you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem is iwant to check the spin cycle without the washer going thru the full cycle.how do i advance the cycle manually
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
With the tub empty, and the dial knob set on spin, close the lid. If you've already tried this, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This washer doesn't have a dial it just has a start button and indicator lights for each cycle it's in
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I don't know of a safe way to perform such a test on your model.
Was there a reason you needed to spin it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The complaint is the water won't drain. I need to check y without having to go through a full cycle
Call this number to get the tech doc as I can not get it for that one.(###) ###-####