Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My temperature on my refrigerator drawers was flashing and

Customer Question

My temperature on my refrigerator drawers was flashing and I noticed that it was not cold. I held the on/off button for ten seconds and it now indicates it is off. What can I do to start it again? Pressing the on/off button does not work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You should just need to press and hold the on/off button for 10 seconds to turn the refrigerator on. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to reset the electronics or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes. Re-apply power and try again. If it still won't turn on, your control board has unfortunately just failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.