Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have the Maytag Maxima front load washer I was

Customer Question

***** ***** I have the Maytag Maxima front load washer I was running the clean washer cycle and have the E01 F09 error Problem is that the cycle never finished
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would you like
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: The code is a drain code. Often the clean cycle if using an AFFRESH tab or something like that cause the unit to foam or even clog up the filter on the pump. You should check the pump and then try another cycle with vinegar instead. See what happens if the drain pump is clear and working good and you still get the code then the CCU would be the culprit. F9E1:LONG DRAIN: If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes without reaching reset level in pressure sensor, the valves are turned off and the drain pump will stop running. NOTE: Suds can cause delays in draining. Washer drains for 4 minutes, pauses 5 minutes, then tries again for 4 additional minutes of draining. F9E1 will display if washer does not drain. (Normal drain takes less than 2 minutes)Possible Causes: Verify that the drain hose is not blocked or kinked. Make sure drain hose is not sealed into drain pipe.Make sure the drain hose height does not exceed 96" (2.4 m). Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to pressure sensor. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to clean the drain trap. How do I remove the front panel to access this
Do you have the complete model number off the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is *****
This one is a major pain to do that, you have to remove the top the console and the whole front as the engineers in their great wisdom failed to leave an access panel for this mode. It is a job but the top has to come off then remove the screws in the dispenser and console to take that off then the screws along the top edge of the front and the tub boot has to be undone then the front will lift off. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!