Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My whirlpool refrig with bottom freezer has ice in the bottom

Customer Question
of freezer why?...
my whirlpool refrig with bottom freezer has ice in the bottom of freezer why?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is a drain hole in the back, behind the rear wall inside the freezer. It is in the bottom of the number 20 tray in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE You are going to have to remove the rear panel from inside the freezer and thaw this drain hole out. Use only hot water, nothing sharp! Once the hole is cleared, make sure hot water drains easily through. Once it is cleared, you should have no further issue with the water freezing on the bottom freezer floor. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Kelly, Appliance Technician