Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Neptune washer dryers stackablemodel number

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune washer dryers stackablemodel number E2000 a YWWill shut off in less than 30 seconds when trying to start in any cycle motor motor tried to turn door does not lock
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Does the light just come on then go out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Ok this problem is only one of two things. Either the door switch is bad or the Motor Control Board is bad and you will need the kit to fix it. Check the door switch itself as that can cause that issue, but most times it is the Motor Control board (99% of the time) that causes that issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I check to verify that the door switch is the problem
How long does the light stay on before it goes out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way I can dypass the door switch to verify if the door switch is bad
Does the light come on for longer than 2-3 secs? If so the door switch is good and the board is bad. You would have to take out the door switch to check it. Your payment for a phone call failed. Do you want one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the call additional to balance due
You just have to Accept that offer for a phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You will charge an additional $28.00
The site has whatever pricing for a phone call if you do not want to do that we can continue here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I test the door switch to see if it's bad
You have to take it out and see if it reads continuity when closed from the Com to the NO terminal with an ohm meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is done by removing the wires from the terminals
Yes correct remove the wires and then check from COM to the NO with an ohm meter while depressing the actuator. Correct. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch is having continuity.Now I'm looking at the motor control should I look for anything in particular
No the motor control is the issue they redesigned it and you will get a new motor with the kit for you model, if you have a complete model off the tag I can link you the part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maytag 6(###) ###-####
544 330
You should have a PAW2200 model number off the tag when you open the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were referring to the number on the part itself No # ***** door
It s on the back of the equipment
MLE2000AYW
Nope that is it one sec
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Received a text but no response
Here is a link to the part, that is what you will need CLICK HERE
Did you get the link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So they will send a new motor instead of the controll board is The control board obsolete
Yes they made a new kit for the whole thing, you get the board, motor and wire harness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I have Washer Drive Motor Kit Part #: 12002039
Yes that is correct you can order that wherever you want at the best price, but that will fix this issue 100%. If you need anything else let me know and all I ask is please use the STAR rating link at the top of your page to credit me before leaving thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After crediting you, when I have any questions Regarding this matter you will be available for assistance rite.
Yes correct as long as I am on, which is a lot....if I do not respond generally within 5 minutes I am not on but will respond right when i am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To get back with you I just respond back to your text message I do not have to reopen a new case since it's regarding the same subject I would not be charged again
Yes correct and you will get a link to get right back here after a rating no charges extra unless you want to leave me a tip thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do to rate them to leave you a tip after I finish the repair
Yeah I think so for sure.