Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a 2 yr old Kenmore range/oven. The oven comes

Customer Question
Hello. We have a...
Hello. We have a 2 yr old Kenmore range/oven. The oven comes on because we can see the light from the flames at the bottom. But the oven never warms up. If we repeat the start process a number of time, eventually the oven will start. Is there something we can do ourselves to fix the problem, or is there an issue with our particular model?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Can you get the complete model off the unit the one listed is only a partial.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me where to look?
Yes on the frame edge when you open the drawer or door
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(###) ###-####
ok thanks one sec
Ok this is a very common issue, you need to replace the ignitoron the unit, that is the light you see glowing which you think is a flame, but it is not. These go bad all the time and basically it is just not glowing to brightness as it should. Replace part #19 at the link below and you will be good to go!CLICK HEREAll I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will our manual show us how to get into the place to change it out?
No the manual will not, but here is a video to help you CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are awesome. Thank you.
No problem at all
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician