Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a 2 yr old Kenmore range/oven. The oven comes

Customer Question

Hello. We have a 2 yr old Kenmore range/oven. The oven comes on because we can see the light from the flames at the bottom. But the oven never warms up. If we repeat the start process a number of time, eventually the oven will start. Is there something we can do ourselves to fix the problem, or is there an issue with our particular model?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Can you get the complete model off the unit the one listed is only a partial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me where to look?
Yes on the frame edge when you open the drawer or door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
ok thanks one sec
Ok this is a very common issue, you need to replace the ignitoron the unit, that is the light you see glowing which you think is a flame, but it is not. These go bad all the time and basically it is just not glowing to brightness as it should. Replace part #19 at the link below and you will be good to go!CLICK HEREAll I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will our manual show us how to get into the place to change it out?
No the manual will not, but here is a video to help you CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are awesome. Thank you.
No problem at all