Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Fridge shut off and wont come back on. checked the breakers JA:

Customer Question
Fridge shut off and wont...
Fridge shut off and wont come back on. checked the breakers
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Daughter was using the ice maker and then everything turned off. Display is not lighting up, lights inside are not coming on. I checked the breakers outside and nothing has tripped.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LGUB2642LF3
Thank you! Are the interior lights working?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.
Can you plug in a lamp or a radio to the o0utlet the refrigerator is plugged in to and see if the outlet is live? There may be a ground fault outlet that has tripped.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I plugged a lamp into the receptacle that the refrigerator is plugged into and the receptacle is working perfectly and supplying power to the lamp.
Great job, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
The power to the refrigerator and to the light power supply all come from the main board that is mounted below the cabinet in the front. Since the lamp works, we know the outlet is live. That means the main control board is faulty. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Access is gained by removing the toe plate in the front, removing the retaining screw at the front of the control housing and pulling the control out. All wiring will simply unplug and plug in. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess this means I need to remove all my food from the frige and find a temp solution? Do you think that a 24 hr appliance repair company will have the part on hand?
There are so many different boards for these, it would be a slim possibility but unlikely. You could call and ask them, telling them you need part number###-##-####
Dry ice will easily hold the temperature for a couple days in both sections. Put a large chunk in the freezer and couple small chunks in the fresh food area on the top shelves.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Kelly, Appliance Technician