Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag dryer model

Customer Question

my maytag dryer model #MDE5500AYW lights on consule but it will not run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If you attempt to start it, do you hear a click from the control area or what exactly happens, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you attempt to start it, do you hear a click from the control area or what exactly happens, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT HEAR A CLICK IT DID NOTHING
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you open and close the door, does the drum light go on and off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT NOTICE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM AT WORK NOW SO I CANT ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, it sounds like the door switch is faulty. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW DO I CHANGE THE DOOR SWITCH wILL YOU BE AROUND TOMORROW MORNING TO TALK ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You simply slide a putty knife (or similar) in to each side to release the plastic pressure clips and it will pull out right from the front so you can remove the wires. Of course, unplug the dryer before removing the switch. I will be here tomorrow, but have an appointment at 9:00 AM, MST and will be gone for a couple hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO I DO THIS WITH THE DOOR OPEN ? AND CAN I JUMPER WIRE TO SEE IF IT IS THE SWITCH ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the door will need to be open to access the switch and you can bypass the switch but risk shorting wires. It would be best to test with a meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CAN DO THAT I WILL DO THIS IN THE MORNING AND TRY TO TEXT YOU AT 8AM CST WILL THAT WORK ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That should be fine, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU AND I WILL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly are you there this is the guy with the dryer yesterday Iomed the door switch & Ihave no electric at it what next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly never mind ill call someone ouy please have them credit me back the 23 dallars
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Do you want any more help on this I am a different tech?