Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

What's wrong with my oven if the clock display works, but

Customer Question
What's wrong with my oven...
What's wrong with my oven if the clock display works, but nothing else does?
The mfg. Samsung. Model #ME20H705MSS
All I did was clean the grease filters!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Will it program and look as if it is working or does it not even allow programming?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's just as if the input board is bad!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will Not allow me to do anything whatsoever!
Can you unplug it for about 10 minutes and see if the behavior changes, please? Unplugging it will allow the electronics to reset. Let me know what happens after plugging back in, please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I will do just that!
Thank you! I will await good news! :-)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well that didn't do the trick. What's next?
Still totally dead, no response from the panel?
Press and hold the STOP/CLEAR button for 3 seconds. Any change
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No nothing. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. Ya'know?
Did you replace a light bulb or anything else while working with the filters?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I only cleaned the filters. This is beyond frustrating!
I agree, that is not a common failure. We have reset the electronics by unplugging and allowing ample time for a reset and we have made sure the controls were not locked by the Child Lock feature. So, we are looking at a failure of the electronics. You will likely need a new controller, but there is one more trick we can try. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. Does the behavior change?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will now perform this action!
Okay, keep me posted!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Success is still alluding me. The Microwave is only about 15 months old too!
That is not good. The touch panel in the door is no longer available. I would call Samsung and remember that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and be very squeaky. I would psh them to replace the microwave.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm good at being a squeaky wheel! thank you for your time and effort Kelly!
You are very welcome. Sorry there was no easy fix today but enjoy your day in spite of it! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly my wife and I went back the Blue store to see what was up. Lo and behold the same exact Samsung Model #! It was a floor model so No hardware came with it. I'm thinking to myself. I have everything that I need! So at $200 I picked it up and ran! Now all I have to do is take the old out then install the new in it's place. It sounds easy. The guy that originally installed it took no more than 20 minutes. I was impressed Anyway thanks for all of your help!
That is great news, glad it will be an easy swap out. Thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Kelly, Appliance Technician