Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

What's wrong with my oven if the clock display works, but

Customer Question

What's wrong with my oven if the clock display works, but nothing else does?
The mfg. Samsung. Model #ME20H705MSS
All I did was clean the grease filters!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Will it program and look as if it is working or does it not even allow programming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just as if the input board is bad!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will Not allow me to do anything whatsoever!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you unplug it for about 10 minutes and see if the behavior changes, please? Unplugging it will allow the electronics to reset. Let me know what happens after plugging back in, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will do just that!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will await good news! :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that didn't do the trick. What's next?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Still totally dead, no response from the panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the STOP/CLEAR button for 3 seconds. Any change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. Ya'know?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace a light bulb or anything else while working with the filters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I only cleaned the filters. This is beyond frustrating!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I agree, that is not a common failure. We have reset the electronics by unplugging and allowing ample time for a reset and we have made sure the controls were not locked by the Child Lock feature. So, we are looking at a failure of the electronics. You will likely need a new controller, but there is one more trick we can try. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. Does the behavior change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will now perform this action!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Success is still alluding me. The Microwave is only about 15 months old too!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is not good. The touch panel in the door is no longer available. I would call Samsung and remember that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and be very squeaky. I would psh them to replace the microwave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm good at being a squeaky wheel! thank you for your time and effort Kelly!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Sorry there was no easy fix today but enjoy your day in spite of it! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly my wife and I went back the Blue store to see what was up. Lo and behold the same exact Samsung Model #! It was a floor model so No hardware came with it. I'm thinking to myself. I have everything that I need! So at $200 I picked it up and ran! Now all I have to do is take the old out then install the new in it's place. It sounds easy. The guy that originally installed it took no more than 20 minutes. I was impressed Anyway thanks for all of your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great news, glad it will be an easy swap out. Thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!