Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE stackable washer and dryer model number is

Customer Question

I have a GE stackable washer and dryer model number is ***** and the problem is it keeps going on the error wash light on the washer. I put a control board in and a lid switch and it still doing it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What error is coming up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting the on light and the spin light error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked the code up and it says the motor is blocked. I checked the basket, lid lock, lid switch tighten motor pulley, and checked belt. When I put the washer in regular cycle it fills and stops and starts the agitation for 10 sec or if I put in drain in spin it will start spinning for a few seconds and just stop and blinks the washer led light on spin and agitate. Then I go into diagnostic and the on light and the spin light are on under the error code which means block motor apparently.
Is the drum spinning freely?
Disconnect the belt and put it in spin and see what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the drum runs freely, I will run it without out the belt and let you know.
Yes do that and see if the error comes up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I took the belt off and the error still shows up. What next?
If the error still shows up replace the board, nothing else would cause that issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you look in the previous message I already replaced the board. there something else going on with that I don't know if it's some electrical connection or what?
Have you checked your incoming power to the unit and which control did you replace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be able to do a phone call because I'm subscribing per month so it's $38 a month. I replaced the main washer control board. No I have not checked the incoming power I do have 120 V coming into the washer to my lid switch. I I am at a loss I've spent about three hours over there trying to diagnose this problem. I don't know if the wax motor on the motor could be a problem because every time a go try to go to agitation it just stops and throws the wash error code and also if you put it in spin and I'll just stop and throw the wash error code. when you going to diagnostic it says block motor, what does this mean?
Check the windings on the motor see of they all ohm out or if one is open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the motor.
Check the wiring from the control to the motor then you must have a bad wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem was the thermalacuuator down at the motor. Thanks for your help anyways.
thermal acuator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Really strange.
Yes I agree never heard of that on that machine. Glad you got it All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!