Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

What do the trouble lights E2 and F2 mean on a Whirlpool Dishwasher

Customer Question

What do the trouble lights E2 and F2 mean on a Whirlpool Dishwasher W10698637A
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. That is a tough one, the problem is the user interface is not communicating with the main control board and is mostly caused by a poor connection due to corrosion preventing a good connection.There are two areas that this could be caused at, first the connection in the console where the 6 pin connector is located can get a buildup on the connection and harness. Sometimes it can be cleaned and work fine and sometimes its not repairable without replacing the control or the wiring harness.I would highly recommend having a tech out to take a look at this as this can be a tough repair even for a qualified technician unless you just want to spend the money to replace both the wiring harness and the control outright. We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.