Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Just purchased an Avelon bottom-loading water dispenser. Bought

Customer Question
Just purchased an Avelon bottom-loading...
Just purchased an Avelon bottom-loading water dispenser. Bought 3-gallon Primo water bottles (plastic) because the 5-gallon bottles looked too wide for the dispenser. When I try to connect the spout to the 3-gallon bottle, the plastic pipe going into the bottle was too long, so I cut off about 3 1/2 inches from the pipe. Now the pipe is okay, but I CANNOT get the spout to slide into place at the mouth of the bottle. It seems to be the correct size, but I haven't been able to apply enough pressure to cause it to connect -- and I'm afraid I'll break something if I apply even more pressure.
Advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. The connector does not actually have a tight fit, its somewhat loose even when fitted correctly after sliding down the locking ring, here is a video that shows how to properly install the water bottle, if the lip of the bottle is to wide for the spout then you cant use that bottle.click here for videoWe are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson