Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My stainless steel French door refrigerator has a dent in it.

Customer Question

My stainless steel French door refrigerator has a dent in it. I've tried fixing it with the hair dryer/dry ice method but it didn't help. The dent might be a little better, but it still has a deep crease where it got hit. I actually think it was hit with a level, when trying to level the refrigerator. I have a master service agreement and wondered if this would be covered. I read what it said on the internet and according to the write up cosmetic problems are cover for the first 3 years. It is about 18 months since I purchased the fridge.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Whether the issue is covered depends on 2 things---first and foremost, it depends on whether the service agreement covers cosmetic issues. You can call the service contract holder and see if they cover cosmetic issues or not. Second, it depends on whether the issue is naturally occurring or a defect in material. This could be difficult to get them to cover a dent in the door since it wouldn't be a defect, but if the appliance came that way from the time your purchased it you might be able to convince them that you have just been putting off the repair until now. Either way, if you tell them that you hit the door, I myself as a technician couldn't help you even if I wanted to. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.