Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Frigidaire affinity washer is used and just installed and

Customer Question

my Frigidaire affinity washer is used and just installed and it won't start.. says max fill on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hello, hold the start and cancel buttons down at the same time and hold them until a number comes up in the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I'll go do that now.
Thanks. Let me know what numbers pop up in the display. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At what point do I do that? When it says max fill on or when I turn to normal wash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I can't afford to pay the extra $24?
After you turn it on press both buttons at the same time and hold them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a single grandmother raising grandkids on just my salary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
e 41. door open but it's not.
Ok. You know this is a paid service right?
You have a faulty door lock. It's a very common issue on these units. Do you have someone handy that can replace the door lock for you? The lock is roughly $60 at a local appliance parts house. The repair is actually very straight forward. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do know that I signed up to pay $28 p/m for 5 appliance questions, but don't want to add an additional $24 for this call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. What part do I need to get for this model?
The door lock assembly. The part that mounts to the inside of the frame. It has quick connect wires on it. It's a very straight forward repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can order it online perhaps?
Yes, sears parts or appliance parts pros stock it. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When do I rate you? After it is repaired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll order the part now and contact you once it has been received.
We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thanks... I'll order the part and let you know when it has been received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enjoy your day!