Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The knob left rear burner on my Jenn Air Cooktop

Customer Question

Hi. The knob for my left rear burner on my Jenn Air Cooktop will not turn at all. I'm guessing this is the gas valve being stuck. How do I replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you are correct, your gas valve has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for valve Replacing the part is not an easy job at all so if you're not really handy, it's time to call a technician out. You'll need to turn the gas off to the unit and unplug it. Remove the left and right burner grates and cartridges as well as the center vent cover. Pull all the knobs off. Now you must uninstall the entire cooktop and pull the cooktop out of the countertop. Remove all the screws below the top cooktop lip around the outside of the cooktop as well as around the burner cartridge areas and the center vent. The entire top trim of the cooktop will then pull off the cooktop so you can see the valves for replacement. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?