Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos washer that won't completely

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Maytag...
Hello, I have a Maytag Bravos washer that won't completely drain and spin. it leaves the close very wet when done. It appears that it drains but doesn't completely spin dry. Any
help would be great.
Model MVWX500XW0
Serial C03231024 Purchased 3/2000
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator failing or possibly your drain pump being clogged up. Both the drain pump and the actuator motor are located below the tub and if you're wondering, the actuator is the part that switches the shifter next to the motor. You'll want to first check the drain pump first which is below the tub. Just remove it and if you find nothing inside, re-install and move onto the actuator. If you find debris inside the pump, remove it and try the washer again.To access the actuator you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for part as well as video at bottom of link that shows you how to replace the part.Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence. a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc