Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The chest freezer lid falls on me when I open it. The bolts

Customer Question

The chest freezer lid falls on me when I open it. The bolts are smooth top and don't know how to tighten them since screw driver or wrench or pliers won't work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The freezer lid is hinged with bolts. Freezer is a 36" wide chest type. Don't know what else to say.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Appliance Guru,The hinges are put together with rivets and can not be tightened, you would either have to replace them or take them off and bend them together so they are tighter. They may or may not be available anymore...it really all depends on the exact make and model of the unit.All I ask is pleas use the star rating system at the top of your page before leaving thanks