Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung WF405ATPAWR/A2 Washing machine with code te

Customer Question
and hr. I have...
I have a Samsung WF405ATPAWR/A2 Washing machine with code te and hr. I have replaced the thermistor, water heater and the PCB. Before replacing the PCB if we reset the error code we could use the machine on cold and eco warm cycles with no problem, any time we switched to a cycle using warm or higher temp the te or te and hr codes were thrown. We replaced the PCB worked again for roughly 7 weeks, now the code is the same again. te, or te and hr when trying to start even a cold cycle. I'm tired of throwing parts at it and hoping that there is another solution to this. Prior to replacing pcb, water heater and thermistor we ohm tested them and they appeared to be in working order. What else is there that could cause this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/6/2016
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
The Te indicates a faulty thermistor also known as the temperature sensor. The Hr fault indicates an issue with the heater relay. The relay is soldered onto the main PCB printed circuit board. You can try to unplug the unit for 10 minutes to see if the PCB resets. Also check the PCB connections and wiring. Unplug and plug back in the PCB connections. If this does not help you will need another new PCB. Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should have more explicitly explained I knew what the codes meant, I thought that was obvious from the repairs that we have actually made already. How confident are you that I need another new PCB after only this short time. Especially when the ohm testing on the PCB we replaced technically met specs. We have reset the PCB using the control board and unplugged already. I guess I know what the obvious answer is, I'm looking for suggestions as to what is actually causing this to fail. Specific wiring to check? We have traced wires and plugged and replugged connections. No obvious wire damage.
With no wiring damage then the PCB is the problem. You will nee to replace this and I am 100% positive. Sometimes these boards will go out without warning and sometimes you can get a bad one from the parts store.
Make sure the hoses on the back of the unit are not reversed. Also clean out the water valve and inlet screens where the hoses connect to.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The hoses aren't reversed. I'll get water valve and inlet screens cleaned out. I'm apprehensive about the PCB, it worked for this 6-7 weeks and just quit again? On top of the one we replaced testing withing specs on the temperature relays. When we started with this problem we put new resistor in and it would work again until we selected a hot cycle. Each of those ohm tested within specs as well.
Unfortunately this would be the control and it would need to be replaced.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to take a chance based on your answer. I will rate you based on if this resolves my issue.
Not a problem. Just post back here.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So, a new PCB was placed. Machine did the same thing, ran for 5 days on regular EcoWarm loads. A Warm load. Went to run a 'Pure Cycle' last night to see if it would throw the code again on a hot load and it it. The load was within minutes of completing it's 2 hr 8 minute cycle and at the end it threw the te code. So, I'm out the 200$ for a PCB and the washer doesn't work. I am not positive but I think the dishwasher may have started around the same time the washing machine failed. For what it's worth in the 3 years we've had the machine that hasn't made a difference before. Every time we've checked the board input test on the machine when a te code is being thrown it says 192 degrees C and 377 degrees Fahrenheit.
AppTech8579
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician