Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a GE Quiet Power GSD400N10WW dishwasher (VM7375508).

Customer Question

We have a GE Quiet Power GSD400N10WW dishwasher (VM7375508). It is not draining after washes, leaving about 1.5 quarts. What is likely the problem and what can I do about it? Do I need professional service or can I do something more positive than manually draining it?
Thanks for your help.
John J Cook ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Does the drain line go to a siphon gap under your sink?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm niot sure I understand or can answer the question. What I see is a plastic corrugated hose leading through the wood panel low on the left side of the dishwasher (which is on the right side of the sink), going up behind the right basin of the double sink. I can't see where it terminates. There is also a similar corrugated plastic hose coming down from the area behind the right sink (next to the dishwasher attached hose, left of it) which terminates clamped to the bottom of the sink drain plumbing.
Ok that should be the siphon gap next to the sink do you have that small dome cap next to your sink faucet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only things that penetrate to the top of the granite counter top are the swivel single handle faucet and an unused pump soap dispenser.
OK what exactly does the corrugated drain tube from the unit connect to under the sink look carefully please or send me a picture of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Detailed inspection under the sink. There is a low non-corrugated plastic hose that seems to be a water line leading to the dishwasher. It has a shutoff valve at the sink connection end. The corrugated lines turn out to be a single line from the dishwasher up, tethered to the top of the sink cabinet, but leading back down to its connection at the bottom of the sink drain (drainpipe continues below the dishwasher hose attachment).
Ok is the white plastic corrugated drain tube going to something that looks like this at all? or does it just loop up and then back down attaching to the sink trap? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I described the dishwasher hose as attaching to the right sink main drain.
OK can you remove it and check for any blockages there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Will require a few minutes. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed, checked and replaced line . No blockage or buildup.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other advice?
If that is clear you have to get to the check valve assembly part #510 at this link to check for any blockages other than that you may have a problem with the diverter drain flap. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, we've gotten to the point that it exceeds my technical/mechanical/confidence expertise, and I'll need to get local service out. Thanks for your help. Over and out.
OK no problem The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU