John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have an a commercial cooler( Perlick Corp model #

Customer Question

Hello. I have an a commercial cooler( Perlick Corp model # ***** serial# *****) that the compressor is not turning on. I just replaced the compressor which is a ( Gast Manufacturing model# *****) to a brand new one and it's still not turning on. I just want to know if it has a switch or what is it? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Let me see what technical information I can find to assist you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
There's an overload protector on the compressor. Make sure it's reset, by pushing on the button, until it clicks. Double check the red wire to connects the control thermostat to the condenser coil fan and the compressor for any signs of wear or breaks.Please get back to me, if you need more assistance. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor is brand new. Where is the overload switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
????
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
It should be mounted in a bracket on the end of the motor, and have a red push button. Check this out, and in the meantime I'll check to see if the location has been changed.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The cover on the end of the motor opposite the pump, needs to be removed to access the reset button. If the condenser fan is turning, the control thermostat is turning on. If the compressor motor does not start, you'll need to contact the part seller to report the problem. The compressor has a new part warranty coverage, if it needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does this do? I plugged it in on the other end and the compressor turned on but it won't stip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click click in the white control it turns on but once I let go it stops working
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I see two bolts and nuts in the photo. Was the switch mounted to a bracket on the compressor? If so, remount it, and adjust the switch so that whatever is supposed to press on the switch actuator button presses against it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remounted back to where it was and compressor is working just no air is going to the top?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Is the evaporator coil getting cold?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please click on the ACCEPT box. This is the way I get paid for my efforts on your behalf. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any more help, before your request times out?If you are satisfied with my answer, please use the expert's rating service to tell me how I did. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.