How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Guru Your Own Question
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 14604
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to change water hose on whirlpool ref. model ed23hg. have

Customer Question

how to change water hose on whirlpool ref. model ed23hg. have a kineco water system water ok going in, but water coming out of water tap on ref. has small strips of white material in water. I think it might be deterition of plastic hose?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.ANSWER:These pieces that you are seeing, is bacteria in the water. This is not from the filter, it's from what the filter removes. Most all filters now, will remove the chlorine from the water. Without chlorine, there is nothing in the water, to fight bacteria from building up. To get rid of these pieces, I recommend replacing the water reservoir. It's possible the water tube in the door may also need to be replaced but usually replacing the reservoir will solve this type of problem. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I replace the reservoir
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
You need to remove the crisper drawers and it is behind them and will unplug and come out.