Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The washing machine will not unlock at the end of cycle. I

Customer Question

The washing machine will not unlock at the end of cycle. I tried the trouble shooting solution, but did not solve the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Can you see if the water has drained out from the last cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like it did
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Will it allow you to start a new cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
What does it do exactly? If you unplug it for 5 minutes, does it change the behavior?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The lock lite just continues blinking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and last question, thanks for your patience. Do the clothes look like have spun out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not get to it. I will call a service company
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I suspect the door lock will need to be replaced. You can expect about $125 for the call and about $75 for a new lock. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!