How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9943
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Maytag Gemini Range. The front glass face was accidentally

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Gemini Range. The front glass face was accidentally shattered on the top oven door (the smaller door of the two oven doors.) An online parts service said Whirlpool was no longer manufacturing that part! How do I get that replaces? Does Whirlpool keep track of OEM parts manufacturers that could replace that part for me?!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. I`m sorry to say!But Yes the parts dealer is correct.By law appliance manufactures only have to stock replacement parts for 7 years after that most contact their parts dealers that have ever purchased those parts and request that they return any unused stoke for manufactures credit.So rather then having the part just set on the parts dealers shelves collecting dust the parts dealers are more then happy to return the parts for credit.You might be able to find a used one on sites like E-bay but you will be very lucky to find a new one just laying around .I have been on both ends of parts returns .parts dealer and manufacture ,when the manufacture get the old unused parts back they just scrap them. If you can find one the smaller oven outer glass is part number 12002455