Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I'm having a problem with my maytag 2000 serious. Error

Customer Question

Hi. I'm having a problem with my maytag 2000 serious. Error f3 e2. I know it has to with water temperature sensor. Is this something I can fix on my own.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I try to run the cycle the f2e3 error comes up and nothing happens It just beeps and I can't open the door or run or change anything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you! DO you have the complete model number off the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just checking am I being billed by the hour or minute right now
No it is a flat fee that is paid only after you click a STAR rating for me. you have as long as you need no worries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The model number is ***** We know what the problem is just trying to fix it on our own
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are gonna call someone to check it out.
Ok that is a water temperature sensor errorPossible Causes/Procedure - Unplug washer or disconnect power. - Make sure that connections to water heater & CCU (TH2 & HE2 cavities) connectors are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible. - Check continuity from the water heater sensor (black wires) to CCU (TH2 cavity) connector. - If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced. - Check the resistance of heating element. See page 7. - Check the resistance of the water sensor. See page 7. - Plug in washer or reconnect power. - Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5. - After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds CLICK HERE FOR TESTING If the sensor reads in range at the control board the control board is bad. If not check the wiring to the sensor and if good replace the sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes got it. we know read that all in the manual. thanks for your help. going to try and fix it ourselves and if not will call a expert. thanks again.
OK do you need help getting to the sensor?