Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosh Model: SHU3036UC/12 Serial: FD8204260520It

Customer Question
I have a Bosh Model...
I have a Bosh Model: SHU3036UC/12 Serial: FD8204260520
It is a rotary (turn to start) control.
Problem:
After the control is turned to start, the machine runs seemingly normal, but about 20 minutes into the cycle, the control stops turning, and the machine does not progress, just run at the stalled point. Even if manually the knob is turned passed the stalled point, it runs for a while, until it reaches another stall point.
What to do? How to open the control panel?
Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So first, the reason the timer stops advancing is because the water isn't heating properly or at least the dishwasher doesn't think it's heating properly. The first thing to do is start a cycle and wait 5 minutes. Open the door and is the dishwasher getting enough water to cover the floor in the tub? It'll be a thin layer all the way from wall to wall. If not and you're sure you have good water pressure, replace the water valve. The dishwasher can't heat the water if there isn't enough to spray properly. Now second, if you determine it's getting enough water, let the washer run for about 2 hour and then open the door. Is the water really hot or not? If it's really hot, there is a thermostat inside the door that senses the temperature and it needs to be replaced. This is what tells the timer to start advancing again. Below is a link to the thermostat you'd need. CLICK HERE for thermostat If the water isn't heating, then you'd need to check wires to the heater and test the heater to see if you have continuity through the heater with a multimeter. As for taking the door apart, this is not something you should do unless you're really handy. It's hard to re-assemble this door. Either way, to take the door apart, flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door. Now remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down vertically. Remove the screws coming in from the right and left side of the inner door liner up near the top of the control panel and then the entire front panel and control panel should split away from the inner door so you can get inside. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc