Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Dometic Frig RM2551. Both ice box door spring L/H&

Customer Question

I have a Dometic Frig RM2551. Both ice box door spring L/H& R/H are broken. Have gotten new parts. Need to know How to preload the door springs to keep the ice box door shut
Jack AT***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the springs just slide over the shafts on the left and right hinge for the ice box door. All you do is remove the spring wind it tighter one revolution, hold that in place and then slide it over the shaft and then push that into the side hinge receptacle. Do this to both sides. It's difficult but you have to hold the spring with tension when assembling in order for it to work.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?