How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10392
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have looked everywhere I can think grill vent Maytag

Customer Question

I have looked everywhere I can think for a grill vent for a Maytag microwave model MMV418AAW, part number 59001100 or 59001101 and all of the parts dealers say it has been discontinued and they don't have it in stock. Surely there is some back room place that would carry this part, perhaps off a discarded unit. I hope you can help. The tabs broke of mine and cement glue has not lasted long.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I believe your model number is ***** MMV4184AAW

I know this is not what you want to hear !

But they are correct the part is no longer manufactured by the manufacture .

by law appliance manufactures only have to stock replacement parts for 7 years .

After that they contact ALL selling dealers and have them return the un-use part back for credit and the returned parts are destroyed.

I know this for a fact because I have been on both ends of this a parts dealer and working for appliance manufactures .

You might be able to find a used on on sites like Ebay but no dealer will keep a part in stock when they can get money for it by returning it to the manufacture .