Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My dryer wont run

Customer Question

my dryer wont run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Larry do you have a Volt-ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to do any testing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?

ok great

lets first run a diagnostics on the unit .

READING ERROR CODES

1. Position cycle selector knob to the 3 O’clock position.

2. Press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for six seconds.

3. Immediately after, press and hold the START and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds.

4. Rotate the cycle selector knob to the 2 O’clock position.

On better model dryers, the error code will appear in the digital display.

On good models, the five indicator lights of Drying, Cool Down, Wrinkle Rid, and Clean Lint Filter Spin will flash the number of times for the first digit of the code and the START indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit.

Take separate counts of each indicator light, then repeat to confirm in order to be accurate in identifying the proper error code.

The code is obtained by counting the number of times the lights flash. Example E24: The five indicator lights would flash twice indicating the 2 and the START indicator light will flash four times indicating the 4.

The five indicator lights and the START indicator light start flashing at the same time. The control will pause for 2 seconds, then repeat the code.

I had to go to the manufactures site and pull this info up that does take time!

And let me know what you get from that test .

It will be like a E10 or a E4A

Note: A letter appearing in the code stands for a number higher than nine.

A = 10 B = 11 C = 12 D = 13 E = 14 F = 15 Example Code E4A:

the first digit would be 4 and the second digit would be 10. If this code would appear on a dryer in the Good model line, the five indicator lights would blink four times and the START indicator light would blink ten times.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i move the selector knob to 2 oclock, all lights go out

Ok and you are pressing and holding the Select and Pause cancel for the 6 seconds just not to the count of 6?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it actually beeps after 6 seconds. and again after the 4 seconds.

Ok So it will not start and it will not even go into a diagnostics mode .

Then the issue has to be the main electronic control board .

It will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/137008010/1472768?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=134484201?rcaid=1000070

This is the main control board right behind the console.

If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen a lot of responses on the internet about the thermal fuse, do we need to check that?

Your model does not have a thermal fuse, It does how ever have a thermal limiter and if it was faulty you would not have any lights on the console because it kills the power to the entire dryer .

Can you read a wire diagram if I send you one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres a wiring diagram inside the dryer.

Ok if you look on the L1 line going into the control board see the thermal limiter .

It allows voltage to go through it on the orange wire to power the control board on the J2-1 terminal .

If the liniter was open /bad you would not have voltage to the control to light the lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is nothing else to check?

correct you have voltage to the control boar it will not start and the diagnostics will also not work. so it is the control board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for your help

no problem always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this dryer just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.