Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool washer that fills up spins a few times

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool washer that fills up spins a few times and then stops. It constantly makes three beeps. Beep beep beep continuously and the wash light is blinking. What is wrong and how do I fix it? Model number WFW9150WW00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you count the flashes on the wash light? That is showing you an error code. Just tell me how many times it flashes, then pauses, then flashes again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wash light blinks once then pauses then blinks nine times in a row that cycle continues
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect. This error means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I located the drain pump and this ball was in the rubber hose. I take it that that's not supposed to be there lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK now the wash mine blinks once pauses and then blank six times in a row
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blinks six times in a row not blanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The ball is, it's a backflow preventer.

1 time and 6 times is a communication error. You motor control board would need to be replaced. That's the control board mounted to the floor under the tub.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The part number is *****

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed the new board and it still blinks once then six times
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is still a communication error with the MCU so if you replaced the MCU and it still gives you a communication error you need to check the wires between the motor control board and the main control board in the upper right corner above the tub. If all the wire connections check good, the main control board would need to be replaced which is part number W10525361.