Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have replaced the latch, contol board and board on

Customer Question

I have replaced the latch, contol board and board on aMDB975AWW. The dish washer fills and stops. The control lights and the number flashs. I have run the field service test. The control lights comes on, 88 and the heavy wash LED flashes. The test does not end it keeps the same light and flashing for an hour. I check the continuity of the latch close and open and it works. I have tried the manual fuction test and nothing works. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

88 means that there are no errors present or stored on the control board. Unfortunately that means that your control board itself is acting up. If you haven't tried to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or haven't unplugged the dishwasher for 5 minutes, try that and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you need to order and replace the control board. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put in two newe control board already and shut the breaker off both times.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you are ordering the correct part number? The control board part number is ***** for your model. Other than that, if it continues then unplug the circulation pump and see if it runs without stopping and flashing the lights because it might be overloading the control board. If it's overloading the control board when it tries to turn on then you need to replace the circulation pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number on the new and old control board matches on the lead is 919514 quietseries 300. only thing different is rec c vs rev f.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok well either the control board came faulty or the circulation pump is overloading the board since it fills first and then flashes the lights. Unplug the circulation pump and see if it runs without shutting down. Of course it won't pump the water, but if it runs without shutting down after a couple of minutes, you need to replace the circulation pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try in morning and get back to you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the motor and it filled and in a minute and a half it shut down (all lights went off).
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well that really can't be caused by anything other than the control board. I don't know what part your ordering but you need part number 99003431

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did did a field service test with motor unplugged. The test completed and it said motor low current (Delay and light wash flashing).
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes and that is because the motor is removed. But the fact that the dishwasher is shutting off when the motor is unplugged or whether it's plugged in means you have a bad control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think it is the motor.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not if it's causing the same problem whether the motor is plugged in or unplugged. I stated before I think it's your control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I got confused between tne control board and control panel. I call the parts place back and they said that the board is correct for my serial number (35323513JT) for model MDBH975AWW. They said that the correct board is 99003622 and not(###) ###-#### ***** call Magtag service and they said the same thing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

And yet everyone you have listened too so far hasn't fixed your problem and you're still willing to go along with what they say? I'm not sure what more I can do. I'm telling you that you need part number 99003431 there is nothing more to discuss until you install that part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the(###) ###-####board, put it in and got the same result. I hit light wash and hit start(timer at 81) the water came in and the timer went to 80. Shortly after timer went to 80 it started to flash(80 mins, light wash and. Field service test does not complete. Opened door and the normal wash and delay started to flash.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out and another expert can help you if they have an idea because things just don't add up based on what you've said.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard from the other expert.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in the board that Tyler said now I can run a field test with the door open. It said in the paper work that it should only run with the door closed. I check the latch and both side continuity chech out with and without the latch ingaged. The field check has the normal wash and delay lights flashing which indicates high current on the motor. But the is when the door is open. The lights still start to flash after it fills.

What is wrong with the unit exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The latch broke on an MDBH975 AWW serial number 35323513JT dishwasher. So I have replaced the latch and contol panel. The dish washer fills and stops. The control lights and the number flashes. So I was told to change the board. I changed the board with 99003622. I tried to run the field service test.The control lights comes on, 88 and the heavy wash LED flashes(this is what paper work I have said should happen). The test does not end it keeps the same lights and flashing heavy wash light for an over hour(less than a 10 minute check per paper work). I check the continuity of the latch close and open and it works. The parts place I was dealing with said they could not help me get the problem solved. So I contacted just answers(Tyler). He said I had the wrong board and I need(###) ###-#### ***** changed the board with(###) ###-####board. I tried the dishwasher with the same result (fills and then stop and the lights and minutes flash). However now I can run a field test with the door open. It said in the paper work that it should only run with the door closed. I check the latch and both side continuity chech out with and without the latch engaged and it works. The field check has the normal wash and delay lights flashing which indicates high current on the motor. But this is when the door is open. It will not run the test with closed as with the board.

Have you tested the motor for power or to see if the motor is burned out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks clean and new (not dirty or burnt). How do I test the motor for power or to see if the motor is burned out.

Get a volt meter and check for 120 volts to the motor after it fills up. If you get 120 volts there and then the lights start flashing you likely have a motor issue as that would cause the lights to flash and that issue.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU