Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Smell coming from inside of refrigerator (small vent towards

Customer Question

Smell coming from inside of refrigerator (small vent towards top of inside) looks like vent is frozen possibly?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So to start, that vent at the top of the refrigerator in the far back left corner is called the damper assembly. Air comes directly from the freezer and into the refrigerator. What you'll want to do is remove that cover and remove the damper vent that opens and closes. That it out with a hair dryer if there is ice build up. Other than that, remove everything out of the freezer, remove the back panels inside the freezer and wipe everything down with white vinegar. Spray the inside with Fabreeze and then put 2 baking soda boxes in both the refrigerator and freezer for 2 weeks to remove any odors since odors can stick in the plastic walls and take awhile to remove.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?