Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do i put my dryer into test mode? model number

Customer Question

how do i put my dryer into test mode? model number FW0B4000FS0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you please check the model number once again I find nothing on the numbers of fe0b4000fs0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feqb4000fs0

Ok That works!

READING ERROR CODES

1. Non-Digital Readout Display Models: Rotate cycle selector knob to the 3 O’clock position. Digital Readout Display Models: Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise (3) settings from the Normal cycle option.

2. Press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for six seconds.

3. Immediately after, press and hold the START and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds.

Non-Digital Readout Display Models:

rotate the cycle selector knob to the 2 O’clock position. The four indicator lights of Drying, Cool Down, Wrinkle Rid (Press Saver), and Clean Lint Filter will flash the number of times for the first digit of the code and the START indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit.

Take separate counts of each indicator light, then repeat to confirm in order to be accurate in identifying the proper error code. The code is obtained by counting the number of times the lights flash.

Example E24: The four indicator lights would flash twice indicating the 2 and the START indicator light will flash four times indicating the 4. The four indicator lights and the START indicator light start flashing at the same time.

The control will pause for 2 seconds, then repeat the code. NOTE: A letter appearing in the code stands for a number higher than nine. A = 10 B = 11 C = 12 D = 13 E = 14 F = 15 Example Code E4A: the first digit would be 4 and the second digit would be 10.

If this code would appear on a washer in the Non-Digital Readout Display Models, the four indicator lights would blink four times and the START indicator light would blink ten times.

Count the blinks and let me know so I can give you the error code meaning .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E5B, E9E, and E4A

Ok The E5B is a heater fault (no Heating)

E9E is not show on that models tech sheet .

E4A program time out fault .

And if the unit is not heating the you can get both the E9E and the E4A codes.

I would test the heating element to see if it has continuity or not to see if it is good.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am good. Thank you.

Ok No problem .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.