Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE Refrigerator that was purchased Dec 2013 Top

Customer Question
Mount Freezer model # *****...
We have a GE Refrigerator that was purchased Dec 2013 Top Mount Freezer model # ***** and all of a sudden the Freezer Fan is making a squeeling noise and the freezer has not stop running today. All the food is frozen, and the freezer is cold, but it seems that the fan/freezer will not shut off. I have cleaned the condenser and done everything that I can think of to do, any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there is none, I have checked again and there is none

Is the refrigerator section cooling well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Frig is working fine, no problems

Okay, good, thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The fan motor is likely failing and will need to be replaced. I suspect the noise is a bearing failure which will also cause the fan to run slower than it should, explaining the longer run times due to less than ideal air flow. The fan is located behind the rear panel in the freezer and is shown as number 210 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Of course, the panel will need to be removed to access the fan and the fan will simply unplug and plug in.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just one more question, is this something that the average person can do? seem like just have to remove the cover and that should be it. Unfortunately it never is as easy as it seems. What do you think?

The hardest part is removing the cover. There are screws that secure it in place, so it is not too bad. The fan motor bracket is mounted to it, so you will need to remove the screws from the fan blade opening. Aside from that, it is a fairly easy repair. Just be careful of the metal edges of that back panel, they can be sharp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly Thanks for all your help, it was great to communicate with you. And thanks for the information, I will place the order for the part and we will see what happens, Thanks again for the information.

Thank you! Happy Easter!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician