Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge monogram ZFSB23DRGSS, The fresh food evaporator

Customer Question
I have a ge monogram...
I have a ge monogram ZFSB23DRGSS
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The fresh food evaporator section is frozen
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Original the fridge side my food get frozen...now the fresh food side is too warm
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

Typically when this happens the sensor for the evaporator is bad. Can you get at it to change it out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can to it...sensor on the fresh food side and freezer side ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The freezer side has no frost on the grill when I open it up

No frost on it at all? What are the freezer temps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Noops, no frost...freezer temp is good...the temp..but fresh food read 74 but I bought a temp reader and it registered at 50

Is the coil bare aluminum in the freezer?

If the freezer temps are good and 0 degress defrost that refrigerator evaporator and check for a thermister sensor clamped to it that is what goes bad causing that issue most times. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do u know if the T sensor is bad

You can ohm it out with a ohm meter, it should read 16K ohms at 32 degrees just get to it and find it first

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Going to borrow an ohmn meter be back

Ok no problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry it too a while had to go home Depot to buy one... where is the termistor sensor located ?

It should be zip tied to the evaporator that is frozen up it is white and has two white wires to it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is frozen...so I can't get to it.. I will have to get it defroast

Yes you have to defrost that either way

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yap..using hair dryer but maybe a while...can I still talk to u tomorrow ?is the service only for today ?

No you can come back anytime today or tomorrow I will be around I have to leave for a bit now but I will be back later

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok...I will get it defrost before I talk to u again...thanks for all your help so far

ok no problem

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician