Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am trying to replace the control board on my GE glass top

Customer Question
I am trying to replace...
I am trying to replace the control board on my
GE glass top slide in oven. the burners work but cannot get the convection, oven etc to work. modelJSP46SP1SS. Part is wb27t11094. glass touch asm (ss)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

so you want to just replace the board or the touchpad itself ?is there a display but the numbers dont respond?thx randy.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the piece that goes over the controls . the four burner valves fit thru the holes in the board. oven controls are in the middle. the only thing working is the clock.

that piece comes off by removing the 4 knobs ,then around each valve is a retainer ,you unscrew that retainer from around each valve mthen that console lifts off ,then you have a sheet metal sub plate that the control board screws into ,more screws and that lifts off with the infinite switches and board ,quick connect plugs wire the control board in ..here is a pic ..#31 are the retainers to first remove

https://www.reliableparts.ca/lookup/210607/1437834#

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Controls for the oven are touch controls. it is convection and regular. rectangular black section has all touch controls for oven, warmer. there are no screws. a small plug with about 6 tiny prongs fits onto the new part. it is all held down by the knobs. the knob on the far right has a metal piece which tightens the whole plate. looks like a computer board under the plate being replaced. it is seated directly in the middle of the piece being replaced and is identical to the old one. its green and looks like a computer. if I am not making myself clear. call me

it is the knobs that hold all that down but if you pull the knobs off isnt there a retainer under the knob that screws off ?like in the breakdown i sent?if all those are off then that whole piece should lift off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
under the controls. TOUCH CONTROLS IN BACK OF THE PART ARE THE COMPUTER CONTROLS WHICH ARE GREEN. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE PARTS THAT WON'T WORK ARE 220 AND I MIGHT NEED TO THROW A BREAKER?

yes throw the breaker before taking it apart , im trying to understand ,have you already accessed the control board ? the glass is off already ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ALL OF THE CONTROLS ARE ON A LITTLE COMPUTER PLATE GLUED TO THE BACK OF THE PIECE I AM REPLACING. THERE ARE NO SCREWS. ONLY THE FOUR BURNER CONTROLS THAT HOLD THE PLATE TO THE STOVE. AS I SAID THE FOURTH CONTROL HAS A BRASS PIECE WHICH TIGHTENS WELL UNDER THE KNOB AND HOLDS THE PART IN PLACE. THE COMPUTER PIECES THAT IS GLUED TO THE BACK OF THE OUTER PLATE HAS THAT PLUG I MENTIONED WITH ABOUT 5 OR 6 TINY PRONGS THAT ARE CONNECTED TO ***** WHICH IS IS IN THE HOLE WHERE THE PLATE GOES.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PLUG IS PART OF THE MECHANICS IN THE HOLE ONCE THE PLATE IS REMOVED. THE NEW PIECE PLUGS INTO ***** WHICH IS A PART OF THE STOVE. IT IS ON A SMALL LINE COMING OUT OF THE EXISTING OPENING.

im sorry i optedout , i cant understand your description , hopefully another tech can pick up your question , good luck

Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician