Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag washer model A 7105 will only rinse warm water. Will

Customer Question

Maytag washer model A 7105 will only rinse warm water. Will not do hot or cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Will it fill with hot and cold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at the machine. It is at a 2nd home. I am back at my primary residence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If you want a phone call just select the offer thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not realize there was an additional charge. No thanks for a call. I will await a written response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did bit realize there was an additional charge, No thanks, ***** ***** wait for your written response.

So you know if the unit fills with COLD and HOt water only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not know. My wife had the machine set on a cold rinse and noticed the clothes were warm after the rinse. I just checked the water temperature of the rinse, not the wash.

Ok there is a good chance the COLD water fill valve is plugged up. The screen on the valve often gets clogged causing that issue, Then basically you get more hot water or almost all hot water compared to cold. I would replace the valve to correct this issue as that is a common failure. Here is a link to the part for you and it comes with instructions and there is a helpful video to install one at this link.

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not make sense to me. I am getting warm water on all rinse settings; hot, cold and warm. If cold was clogged I would think warm would be hotter and hot would still be hot. If cold was clogged it would seem one would get no water when it was set for a cold rinse.

Are your hoses connected correctly to the unit HOT TO HOT COLD TO COLD...Double check this please I have seen that many times and people do not know it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to go back to my 2nd home later in the week to check this. I guess we will have to leave this open until I can get you the requested information. How do we keep this open until I get back to the washer?.

If you rate my service today you will get a link to get back to me directly here without delay for FREE as yes I would like to speak with you when you are at the unit for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not finished. I would rather not rate you now. I think the hoses are hooked up correctly. If that is the case you have not helped me yet.

Just get back to me when you are at the machine, there may be a delay in my response but just get back to me.