Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have an electric dryer model DV419AE. 2 years old -

Customer Question

I have an electric dryer model DV419AE. 2 years old - moderate use - single person household. The dryer quit heating - no heat whatsoever. Pulled the cover - no wiring issues noted. No fault codes diplayed. Vents etc clean. Reside in a remote area - no repairmen available. Can ypou provide so of the most likely causes - part numbers????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Doe you have a volt -ohm meter and know how to use it?

To be able to test any of the components and for voltages to the components?

Or are you just wanting what possible could be the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have an OHM meter - however at this time - it we will difficult to obtain parts - and timely - looking for the top three most probible causes - will order the parts and hope to repsir this weekend.

Ok no problem just wanted to be sure!

Give me a moment to bring all the information up that I can find on your model and get the information that you require.

Do you have the complete model number ?

It would look like this DV419AEU/XAA-0000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DV419AES/XAC 01

Thank you!

#1 heating element assembly . this assembly along with the heating element has two thermostat on the assembly so you get three parts in one .

DC97-14486A

#2 operating thermostat on the blower housing .

DC47-00016A

Those are about the entire heating assembly except for the electronic control board .

Here it is if you need it .

DC92-00257A

So you have the heater assembly ,the operating thermostat on the blower housing and the control board .I suspect the heater or one of the three thermostat before I would the control board.

If you have any questions just let me know.