Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My front load washer has started filling with too much water

Customer Question
for wash cycle. Is this...
my front load washer has started filling with too much water for wash cycle. Is this a sensor? if so where is it located?
Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hi there I am Joel and I will be helping you today,

The component that controls the water level of the washer is called the water level pressure switch, the way it works is there is a rubber hose that connects to the switch and runs to the tub, as water fills the tub it pushes air through the hose and puts pressure on the switch the more water that enters the tub the higher the pressure becomes until the switch is satisfied, this is how the machine knows when to shut off the water. Now if that switch fails or the hose is pinched or stopped up with trash it will allow too much water into the machine or even allow it to overflow. The switch is located on the top of the unit mounted on the right side under the lid, just remove the lid and you will see it - see image

check the hose out for tears or being clogged up if the hose checks out ok then replace the switch:

Washer Water Level Switch

Part #: W10448876 - click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson