Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore Model 110. Replaced Lid Switch, now will not stop

Customer Question
filling water....
Kenmore Model 110. Replaced Lid Switch, now will not stop filling water.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Will the washer overflow if you keep letting it fill?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

ANSWER

While replacing the lid switch you may have easily and inadvertently pinched or knocked off the pressure tube to the outer tub that goes to the pressure switch. Often you can pinch it in the cabinet when putting it back on or even pulled it off. Check that out and see.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

The reason I was asking to see if the washer was overflowing or not is because there are actually 2 possibilities that could have happened. You would have a pressure switch issue as Appliance Guru mentioned, or your drain hose could have gotten shoved down the stand pipe on your house too far which can cause the water to siphon out as it's filling. If the washer just keeps filling and but never overflows, then you need to re-position the drain hose. If it just keeps filling until it overflows, then you'd need to see if the pressure switch hose is pinched, damaged, or disconnected during the process of replacing the lid switch

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc