Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We tried reversing our door today on our Samsung

Customer Question

We tried reversing our door today on our Samsung refrigerator. We found out our brackets did not come with the door so we put it back together. Now the display lights up but the refrigerator does not cool. Compressor does not kick on. Do you have any suggestions? It is a year old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect that something may have shorted out during the swap. Did you have the refrigerator unplugged when you disconnected the door connector to the main harness? Is the fan in the freezer running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they did not unplug. But the fan is running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The freezer works fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

How is the freezer cooling if the compressor is not running? If the freezer is working and the fan is running, there is either frost built up in the freezer that is preventing the air from getting below or the air damper is closed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you would like to call me that is fine/ I think you are miss understanding what is going on.
We took the door off yesterday, after we realized we didn't have the parts to reverse the way it opened, we put the door back on. No, we did not unplug the refrigerator before we took the door off. The refrigerator seems to be staying at the appropriate temperature, freezer -2 and ref is 38 (we know this because we put a thermometer inside). However, is continues to beep as though the door is open (which it is not) and the light does not come on. The temp on the front says -4 for freezer and 58 for refrigerator. You had asked if the fan was running and we said yes. Its not a freezer problem, its as beeping problem and the front panel is showing a wrong temperature. Does any of this help?