Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a GE Profile french door fridge with the freezer on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a GE Profile french door fridge with the freezer on the bottom. The "ice off" light is on & I do not know how to shut if off. The fridge stopped making ice.
JA: Sometimes, Pearl, I, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Yesterday we had guest over & they were pressing the buttons & now the "ice off" light is on & the it not making ice.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no, I don't think so.
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

since you did not give the model number I can not be specific as to your model but here is a list of models for ge with instructions of turning that back on, if you can not figure it out give me the model number of your refrigerator and I will give you specific instructions, thanks.

click here for instructions

Let me know, thanks in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.