Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a model wed6400sw and all it does when i try to turn

Customer Question

Hi i have a model wed6400sw and all it does when i try to turn it is start button blinks can you please help me out eith any suggestions
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well i plugged in i powered on and then i pressed start but all it does blinks the start buttons blinks
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect you may have a problem with the door switch. If you open the door and push the switch in and out, does it click and the light go on and off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you push the door switch in with your hand and try to start the machine, does it start then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

1. Be sure the dryer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off, or with only the Clothes Dry indicator on).

2. Select any one button (except Pause/Cancel) and follow the steps below, using the same button (remember the button):

Press/hold 2-5 seconds ➔ Release for 2-5 seconds ➔ Press/hold 2-5 seconds ➔ Release for 2-5 seconds ➔ Press/hold 2-5 seconds

3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with 88 showing in the Estimated Time Remaining two-digit display

Does it initiate the diagnostics cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still dont do anything
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Do you have a meter to test continuity with?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

There is a video at that link that will show you how to replace that switch!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but i can get it in abaout a hour
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that door switch will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I trouble shoot it again and the 88 did show and it cycled and then it turned off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, great! So what happens now when you try to start another cycle? Push in at the door switch area when you do and see if anything happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a F29
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Awesome, great job! That error just means that the moisture sensor is shorted but that would not keep it from starting. If you cancel out of that service mode, will it now start a dry cycle? If not, what happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It dont let me cansel it i opened the door and restarted it with the piwer button on it would not let me with the start button and theres also nothing displayed exept the casual light blinkin now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it won't cancel then you have control issues. That would explain the erratic operation.

Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Any change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill try it in a bit
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change get ill keep on trying
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the touch pad may be having issues. Let me know if it changes at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still cant get the dryer going planning to hire a tech
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed additional assistance as I see this question is still open. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!