Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a ge appliance model number cfcp1rkbss that won't

Customer Question

Hi! I have a ge appliance model number cfcp1rkbss that won't dispense the ice. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

OK first when you press the dispenser do you hear the auger motor energizing and running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to go to the house and see. I'm not sure. Is that okay if you give me the 10 minutes to go check?

Yes no problem just post back here and also listen carefully if you hear a soft click when you press the dispenser in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay it does make a soft click, however I don't hear the motor

OK can you check for power to the auger motor with a volt mete. The auger motor could be burned out or frozen up which is common on that unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will talk to my husband and see if I can do that :)

OK great! If you have power to it replace the auger motor

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's frozen do I still need to replace the auger motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or can it just be thawed out?

Yes you could try thawing it out and often that can work if it is just frozen.