Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool side by side fridge that needs the water

Customer Question
filter replaced. The filter...
I have a whirlpool side by side fridge that needs the water filter replaced. The filter is in the upper right side and has a plastic door to pull and eject the filter. It will not open and i don't want to break the plastic door off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If the water is still dispensing, then nothing is frozen. So the only thing you can really do is turn the water off to the refrigerator to try to relieve some of the pressure and then try to dispense the water. After that, you'll need to try to open the case for the filter to see if the filter will eject. This is not something you can really control, but if it breaks then it breaks, the filter receptacle would need to be ordered and replaced anyways if it's not ejecting the filter properly so if the cover door breaks, then that means the filter receptacle would need to be replaced. Nothing really changes and these receptacles on these new refrigerators with the filters in the ceiling are failing quite a bit in the field I'm sorry to say so if it needs to be replaced then it's not uncommon at all.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc