John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag refrigerator model number MSD2554DR and the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator model number MSD2554DR and the door functions are not working. Took the door apart (buttons for ice, crushed ice, water, etc) and the circuit board is popped or blown, I ordered a new one and installed it, green light under light stuck on, and the light was stuck on, I pushed a couple of buttons to turn it off, (ice, crushed ice) and when I did, pop it blew the board again. So now I have ordered the outer control board, the one with the buttons, and the inner board with the processor and the capacitors on it, but I don't want to install it yet as I fear maybe there is another under lying problem that caused the board to fail at the touch of a button. What are your thoughts......
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What button did you press when it popped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the buttons along the top, I think there are 3. Just moved into the place and so I am not totally familiar with the unit... One of the buttons along the top tho.

Just the selection button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I noticed is when I installed the board, the light was on. So I pushed the "light" button to shut it off and nothing happened, then I pushed another button and the board popped.

Can you show me where it popped on the board with a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that .
I know it wasn't a cap.

OK take a picture and upload it here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the part with me I am at work. I will find the part online and tell you which one it was....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the part I have is Maytag 61003425, and if you look at that board you will see where the smaller control board plugs in and then the black processor below it and then 2 resistors below that, the part right along side that i cannot remember the name of the part, it is black and about a 3/8 X 3/8 with 2 silver leads soldered in....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that help you any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the board it is right nest to marking T12
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appliance parts Quick.com has a pretty good picture of the board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to get anything from what I have told you.

Are you talking about the square large relay on the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that large relay is on the right side of the board just above the 8 or 12 pin plug. the part I am talking about if you look at the board, where the 4 pin plug is that goes to the button board, there is a processor below that, with two resisters below that, right by those, it is black, bout 1/4 inch square
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the board the letters and numbers next to the part is T12.

Check to see if the door solenoid is shorted with an ohm meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me where the door solenoid may be located.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the door solenoid you are talking about the door solenoid for the ice door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If so, I have googled the whereabouts of the said door and since you never responded I found the answer elsewhere....

Yes I am glad you found it your posts were sent to someone else, I just got an email with them sorry for the issue.