Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Sub Zero Wine Cooler Model 424, the "fan" in the

Customer Question
upper part of the unit...
I have a Sub Zero Wine Cooler Model 424, the "fan" in the upper part of the unit for red wine sounds like it is in contact with something, and hitting it each revolution. Could it just be a wire?, that's what it sounds like. I was going to empty the cooler after I cut the power-breaker, then take off the horizontal panel that is covering the bottom 3/4 of the fan and investigate, see if I could see something impeding the fan rotation. Suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

This could be the fan blade hitting the housing, sometimes the come loose and walk up the shaft and start to nick the housing or possibly a wire or something could be touching it. Just take the panel off and check it out it will be obvious and the fan blade just pushes on the shaft.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician