Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung rfg298hdrs. Door ice and water feed will not work.

Customer Question

Samsung rfg298hdrs. Door ice and water feed will not work. Replaced door switch bit did not help. Also bottom ice maker not working. Appears to be frozen at water feed.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting on a response
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

You are saying that the door switch does not work and the fill feed line is iced up correct? If so can you defrost the fill feed line with a steamer or hairdryer and see if the icemaker will work? ALso does the icemaker rotate when the TEST button is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if the rotate works with the test but the upper ice maker makes ice . The problem is that the door feeder for ice and water does not work. On the bottom ice maker I tried hair dryer several times and it worked last time it did not work bottom has frozen 3 or4 times. Now I cannot seem to thaw it out

So it is the auger that does not work or the dispenser flap?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dispenser flap

Replace the icemaker chute assembly, they have redesigned them

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU