Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool duet. almost 2 years old. today the door

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet. almost 2 years old. today the door locked is flashing, and nothing else is on. I tried unplugging it waiting a couple minutes then plugging back in but all it does is make a draining noise then water starts to fill for a minute or so then nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pressure switch detects that there is water in the tub that has not drained. It will not allow the door to open and will keep the pump running to attempt to drain the water.

This can be caused by a faulty signal from the pressure switch or too much water being in the tub. Most often times, this is caused by poor drain pressure from the drain pump. The drain pump has a filter that is designed to catch any debris before it gets into the pump impeller. This filter is likely obstructed and will need to be cleaned out. At the bottom of the front panel are three screws. Once removed, you will have access to the drain pump assembly. It is in the center of the machine, directly behind the front panel. The filter will simply unscrew to allow access for cleaning. Have towels on hand, the water will come out once you remove that filter! Clean the filter out and run a rinse cycle to verify proper operation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?