Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I 't see a sticker, Looking, #s106626662, It's not doing

Customer Question

I don't see a sticker
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Looking
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: #s106626662
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: It's not doing anything. We are still getting water through the dispenser
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am assuming this is a refrigerator with an ice maker that is having an issue? If so please tell me what model it is and also, try to locate the model number, open the fridge door and look for a tag on the right or left hand side of the refrigerator wall, it will have the model and serial number on the tag, please locate that if possible and give me the model number so I can be for more help. Things you can look for in the meantime to let me know about,

1. Does the ice maker mold itself have ice or water in it?

2. What is the temperature of the freezer if for some reason the freezer is not below 10 degrees the ice maker will not produce ice.

So check on these things and get back to me, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate or vote (whatever it may be called at the top of your screen) my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water in the ice maker and I think the temp is fineWhirlpool refrigerator model ED2PHEXNT00

Ok take the front cap off the ice maker and you will see this click here for image

using a jumper wire or a paper clip that has the plastic coating on it jump the test point N and V and see if water enters the ice maker if not the water valve on the unit needs to be replaced, it has a dual water valve so the water dispenser can work and the ice maker water inlet side could not. If water does enter the ice maker then you know the ice maker is bad and needs to be replaced.

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.