Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Our Maytag dishwasher model ADB6600AWW, serial #15326752CC,

Customer Question

Our Maytag dishwasher model ADB6600AWW, serial #15326752CC, just stopped working and there was water sitting on the bottom-maybe a gallon. There is no response to the touch buttons.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Dishwasher quit mid cycle, leaving water in pan. No lights and no response to touch buttons.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. Never had this problem before.
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

First thing you will need to do is kill the power to the unit at the breaker for a few minutes then restore power to see if the control board resets, if not you will need to use a meter and test power at the terminal box on the dishwasher. If you have power to the unit and still the unit is not showing any signs of power then you will need to test the bi-metal/fuse attached to the main control board if it does not have continuity replace it if it does then Measure resistance of door switch contacts while checking mechanical operation of latch assembly. Confirm switches not loose from assembly. If all that checks out then the control board is bad and will have to be replaced, let me know if you have any questions, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate or vote (whatever it may be called at the top of your screen) my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.